URBAN EXOTIC BENGALS
We are a small, legitimate Registered Cattery. We are registered with The International Cat Association, The Cat Fanciers' Association, and are licensed with U.S. Fish and Wildlife. All our cats are our pets. We specialize in top quality Brown, Snow, Silver, and Charcoal Rosetted Bengals. They are loved and cared for in our home. All our cats are indoor cats, we do not expose them to wild animals. Their health and welfare are our top priority. We believe in a clean and healthy environment for our cats by keeping a very clean and tidy household. Our goal is to breed beautiful loving, and well socialized cats. As a small cattery we are able to spend quality time with all our cats and kittens. Our kittens are well socialized with other cats, birds, and household pets. They are well taught and handled daily starting at a young age, they are well behaved and none aggressive.
All our breeding cats are registered SBT Bengals. SBT or Stud Book Tradition, which means 4th generations away from the wild. We do not own or breed any F1,2, and 3 cats. Our breeding cats all have 5 generations of SBT pedigree. All our cats fully pedigreed cats. They all came from Supreme Grand Champion and Quadruple Grand Champion bloodlines with no known health defects. We strive to produce very high quality kittens. We believe in healthy animals so rest assured that all breeding cats and kittens have been examined by USDA accredited Veterinarians and are up to date with all standard vaccinations. We are a disease free cattery.
We are proud to be interviewed and published by Cat Fancy Magazine. You can find my interview in the Feb. 2014 issue of the Cat Fancy on page 34.
I was one of those kids that just loved animals from a very young age. Thankfully, I've got pretty cool parents that allowed me to have many different kinds of pets. My parents' rule for me has always been that it was my job to take care of them, not everybody else's. If I didn't, the pets would be gone! So starting from a very young age I've learned responsibility for taking care of animals. Learning about animals, and breeding them became my passion. My love for them grew from little goldfish and finches to eventually all kinds of pets. From little guppies to coral reefs, little finches to all kinds of parrots, cockatoos, macaws, toucans, peacocks, swans, turtles, frogs, rabbits, dogs, cats, monkeys, and much much more. I'm a certified scuba diver, and I dove in some of the most beautiful coral reefs in the world to further my study of reef ecology. I've been very lucky to have the privilege to have worked with all of these wonderful species of animals. I've been breeding animals for almost 40 years. Naturally, when I first saw the Bengal cat many years ago at a cat show my heart knew I must have a Bengal cat. A miniature leopard, how cool is that!!! My first Bengal opened the door for me to want to breed Bengals. I've found Bengals to be very intelligent and loving animals. But I've also noticed that there are just so many false informations out there about this wonderful cat. I wanted to be a part of educating the world about Bengals. It is my goal to breed the most beautiful Bengals with sweetest personalities, and share my love to the world.
It has come to my attention that someone out there is using my web page to advertise their fake cattery and using my pictures to sell their fake kittens. There are only 4 ways you can contact me.
1) My name is Anthony and my phone number is 310-739-0847. This is the only number to reach me.
2) My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Through my Facebook messages
4) Come meet me in person. I'm in the Los Angeles, CA. I'm in South San Gabriel/Rosemead area. My zip code is CA 91770-3830. There is a map on my contact page to show you where I am. If you are not visiting a cattery in the area shown on the map, it's a fraud!
SOMETHINGS TO THINK ABOUT
There are a lot of fraud out there. Here are a few things to think about when selecting a breeder.
1) Is it even real? Why are some people offering kittens at a much lower price? What's wrong with it? I know lots of frauds are out there! People steal my pictures to advertise kittens they don't have. I get people telling this all the time.
2) Are they a legit Registered Cattery? All legit breeder in the world are registered with TICA (The International Cat Association). Every breeding cat and kitten are registered. Having a registered cat does not make them a "Registered Cattery". Can you even find their cattery listed on www.tica.org? Do they even have a real website? We are registered with The International Cat Association and The Cat Fanciers' Association. And we are licensed with U.S. Fish and Wildlife.
3) Do they own both the mother and father or did they have to get a stud service from someone? And is that stud a registered cat? What cattery owns the stud? Most legit TICA registered catteries do not provide stud service to other people. So you'll need to ask where they get the stud service from? And is that Stud a TICA registered cat? Also are their cats under veterinarian care? You should be able to ask for their Vet referance.
4) Are they a kitten mill/kitten farm? Are the cats kept in healthy conditions? Are the cats living their whole life in small cages and used as breeding machines?
5) Are they ethical breeders? Do they inbreed? Have they registered with TICA and signed the the TICA "Code of Ethics"?
My Voluntary CODE OF ETHICS was certified by TICA and posted here on this page of my website.
6) Vets are expensive! Are their breeding cats under the vets care and are up to date with all vaccinations? Have the kittens been to the vet checked for health and vaccinated? Too many breeders self diagnose, self medicate, and self vaccinate the kittens without actually taking the kittens to the vet for check ups. Can they provide vaccine records from a registered veterinarian? My Vet info is on the Contact page.
7) Do they provide written Health Guarantee, Health Certificate, TICA Registration Paper, TICA Certified Pedigree? Anyone with a computer can print out a fake pedigree, those are worthless! Only registered catteries with registered cats have certified pedigrees. Can they provide TICA Certified Pedigree?
8) All my breeding cats came from Grand Champion and Supreme Grand Champion bloodlines. I only breed high quality Bengals.
9) Don't be fooled! There is no such a thing as F4, F5, F6, ...etc. The International Cat Association does not recognize them. After F3, there is only SBT. All my breeding cats have at least 5 generations of SBT pedigree.
10) It's easy to take photos off the internet and post ads. Visit the cattery in person and see for yourself. For those of you who are not able to visit in person, I can do video calls such as Skype and FaceTime so you can see the kittens in real time.
11) Over the years I've been approached by many photographers and web designers who wants to take "professional pictures" of my cats. They think it will help me with advertising. And over the years I've visited and purchased cats from catteries that had these "professional" pictures. I've noticed one very important thing! In person, non of those cats looked like their "professional" pictures, that's because all those pictures were photoshopped. Remember, in real life, not even super models look the way they do on fashion pages. So I've made a conscience decision to take all my own pictures out of my iPhone, no special lighting or professional camera. This is so my clients get to see my cats as they really are. You'll find majority of my Facebook posts are videos, that's because I like showing my cats as they are. So rest assured, what you see is what you get.